Monday 7 December 2009

Sunday a Day to Remember..










Today was such an incredibly fun packed day which I believe no one will forget. Starting with the amazing race,running all over town, jumping in and out of taxis was exhausting and challenging yet amazing all at the one time. As everyone got ready, applying their team colour war paint to their faces we were excited to get moving to our first challenge.








Although my team did not come first, we enjoyed every moment of it. We embraced every challenge, every cultural experience and were truly happy with how we approached each challenge my working together easily as a team.








After lunch we heading to the pewter factory where we beated pewter into a bowl shape. That was an intersting experience, looking at all the workers at the factory, seeing what they have to do each day made me feel so glad I was just there on a tour pass.




As we all piled back into the bus exhausted from running all over town and beating the pewter till it was completly round and smooth, we prepared ourselves for our next amazing adventure. The Batu Caves, the trip I had been waiting for ever since I recieved our first drafted agendas for the trip. The amazing golden statue at the entrace, the 272 steps leading to an incredible cave where people gathered for prayer and worship. The whole experience was incredible. A bonus which everyone in our group know, for me, were the monkeys. As we walked up the 272 monkeys were running across the stairs,jumping onto poles and trees and were eating what ever they could find on the floor. As I loved these animals so much and havent exactly drawn breathe talking about the,I was extremely excited when I got a photo with one on the stairs.








Overall this day has been one of my favourites since we have arrived here and one I surely will not forget.