Thursday 3 December 2009

First day on the job.

Sorry for the latenest of this blog, I'm not the most gifted when it comes to computer skills.
Yesterday was our first day working with the Renaissance Hotel. It was great! All the staff are exceptionally helpfull and are really opened to us asking many questions. They love to ask us questions too. Like where we are from?, what we are studying?, how we ended up in Malaysia?, and their favourite, how old we are? Everybody in the hotel knows who we are too.
Diana, Megan and myself, were assigned to the banquet department. We were divided up and each went to a different event. Diana was helping down stairs in the conference areas, Megan helped assist in a food tasting lunch, and I helped in the Ballroom's lunch. I loved it! It was the first time I had done anything like that, and I was suprize they let me clear tables and refill the guest's water glasses. I also got to breakdown the event at the end.
Hopefully each day will be just as informative as this one was.
Cheers from Sheri.